March beauty wishlist

12 3 456

1 ❤ A good exfoliator is something everyone should have in thier skincare routine and Benefit's Refined Facial Polish is my absolute favourite! It contains micro beads which ever so gently buff away dead skin and impurities, leaving skin feeling squeaky clean - it also contains natural clay so this product can be used once a week as a face mask for a deep cleanse. I often use this at work, especially when I have random dry patches on my face and it works wonders!

2 ❤ As well as an exfoliator I'm also on the hunt for a new facial wash/cleanser. I love showing customers this product at work because it makes such a difference to the brightness and texture of their skin. Foamingly Clean facial polish removes make up and lathers up into a fluffy face wash which transforms the skin after one use. One particular factor I enjoy about this wash it that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after application, instead it feels very refreshing and I love the brightness it adds to my skin tone.

3 ❤ Liquid latex is a product used by special effects makeup artists to create prophetic pieces, wounds, scars, etc. I currently use nose and scar wax for the most part of my SFX work but I'm long overdue investing in some liquid latex as it can be used to seal nose and scar wax for a smoother appearance. You can also use this to create aged skin and more realistic looking prosthetic moulds.

4 ❤ Another Benefit product!? I know, it's getting silly! Benefit have recently released three new eyeshadow palettes named 'World Famous Neutrals', each palette consists of four powder shadows and two creaseless cream shadows - the colours featured are also going to be launched as single shadows in Benefits new colour range which is released later this year! I love this 'sexiest nudes ever' kit because the colours are so versatile and can be worn in a variety of ways. I especially love the beautiful sliver gitter shade 'blingo!', I rarely wear smokey eyes but the colours in this eye kit are perfect for a dramatic smoked glitter look.

5 ❤ There seems to be a Ben Nye/Benefit pattern forming here...? Anyway, Ben Nye's Banana Luxury Powder is a pretty well known product after Kim K's makeup artist revealed they set her concealer with this little gem. Banana powder is slightly different to a normal, translucent setting powder as it has yellow tones to it meaning it suits a wide range of skin tones and eliminates the dull, ash tones face powders can sometimes give. Most users love to use the powder to set their under eye concealer and highlighter as it's supposedly very good coverage and the yellow base of the product brightens these areas and covers any dark circles. I really like the sound of this powder, it's a little difficult to get hold of here in the UK but I'm sure I can track it down!

6 ❤ Last but not least is another SFX Ben Nye product. This bruise wheel is a six colour wheel which SFX artists use to create realistic looking abrasions, bruises and wound colourings on the skin. The colours are an easy to blend, creme formula which glide on easily with build able coverage. I've used this wheel previously and I really liked the finished results, the formula gives a much more realistic outcome than an eyeshadow so I'm hoping to pick one up soon.

5 comments:

  1. Really want to get my hands on some benefit skincare, thinking about trying their minis set!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been after the banana powder for a while now and I've just come across it at a shop in London but they also have an online site and it's only £7.50 for the 1.5oz bottle. http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/epages/BT4080.sf/en_GB/? They also sell products from brands such as Makeup Forever, Bioderma and some SFX brands too! :-)
    Georgia xxx

    http://www.whatsknottolove.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The store is in Fulham so it's a little far to travel too! But yeah the site is great, I've ordered from there before and also Dauphines is a good site that sells lots of brands, I'm not sure if they do the powder but I'll check! x

    ReplyDelete