Brighton - we're engaged!


















Mitchell and I arrived home from a lovely trip to Brighton last night, I was so sad to come home but one night away from little D was enough! We had a great time on the pier, exploring the lanes, going to cocktail bars and he also decided to pop the question! We left on Sunday morning and after the drive checked into our hotel which was Queens Hotel & Spa, it was a lovely hotel and we had a sea view from our room. We spent the day walking along the pier where Mitch claims he ate the nicest prawns to ever exist.. I also won Daisy a little toy on the crane machines and had my favourite seaside food ever - mushy peas! After we decided to walk into the lanes where I automatically wandered into the MAC store, I bought Nightmoth lip pencil and then Mitch told me to wait outside while he bought something else as a surprise, eep! I was itching to see what he bought but instead we walked back to the hotel and enjoyed the sauna, pool and steam room for a while, Mitch managed to smack his little toe on a metal crate and nearly drowned in the pool, but other than that it was quite pleasant. Once back in our room we ordered some room service cocktails (Cosmopolitan for myself and Whiskey Fizz for Mitch) and decided it only seemed suitable that we drink them whilst having a bath? It was very relaxing!

Now for the exciting part - apologies for the cheese in advance. We wasn't sure where to go for dinner so we got ready and left the hotel, Mitch suggested we go on the Brighton Wheel which is basically their version of the London Eye so we bought our tickets and hopped on - there was no need to book or que as it was 8PM on a Sunday evening, we had the whole wheel to ourselves. It was really nice to see the views of Brighton and all the lights, I nearly threw up when I looked down though, heights aren't my strong point! The wheel goes round three times, when we reached the top the second time Mitch surprised me with the MAC gifts he bought me earlier which were the 187 brush, Smutty Green & Brûlée eyeshadow - I was seriously impressed he remembered me waffling on about makeup that I want! As we approached the top of the wheel the third time round he put his hand in his pocket and said there was one more present for me, he pulled out a little gold box and I pretty much lost it and became very teary and said "oh my god" about 100 times, then he got down on one knee (which must have been difficult in the booth!) opened the box to reveal a beautiful sapphire ring and said "Hayley, it's been a long time coming, will you marry me?" of course I said yes pretty much before he could finish speaking, I was completely in shock because I didn't think Mitch wanted to get married or engaged just yet - luckily I was wrong! When we got off the wheel we had our photo taken and we bought the lot, postcards, keyrings so many souvenirs! Both our parents already knew he was going to propose as he asked my mum and dad for their blessing the night before while I was out for my best friends birthday and he'd mentioned it to his mum and dad but of course we rang them anyway to share the good news. I sent a photo of my ring to my best girl friends in a group chat on WhatsApp and they literally all went crazy with excitement, it was brilliant! We went to a little Mexican for dinner and then onto Vodka Revolution where we had some amazing cocktails. To celebrate we bought a tray of shots in a variety of flavours such as love hearts, mango, white chocolate and there was a chilli flavour lurking in there somewhere - of course, I had the chilli shot and momentarily thought the heat was going to kill me. I ordered a Russian Bride - a twist on one of my favourite cocktails, the White Russian, as it seemed fitting for the evening and once I was a little merry I demanded the DJ only play Biggie and I think the whole club had been told we'd just got engaged, oh dear.

The next day we decided to have another wander around the lanes and go for lunch somewhere. Wandering round and basically getting lost most of the time we ended up at Pearls where I bought a passionfruit bubble tea, had a look in Cyber Candy and a homemade fudge shop where I bought my mum a 'thank you for babysitting' gift haha, I also found a Sons of Anarchy jumper which I very nearly bought before a man with a giant eagle on his back scared me so much I left the shop. I bought a few bits and pieces from the costume stores for an upcoming shoot and we also bought D a little gift from the adorable Cath Kidston store. Reluctantly we headed back to the car and began the drive home, I was excited to see D but I really love Brighton and I didn't want to leave! It was literally the perfect trip away, we went for a late Valentines weekend and I chose Brighton because it's where we first said I love you on a previous trip there, so the way Mitch proposed and the setting was perfect! We're hoping to go back in the summer time, meanwhile I guess I have a wedding plan!

24 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!How very sweet of him to do that :) I love it when men ask the parents for permission before. Awh sounds magical. Very happy for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sounds like you both had a fab time :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Such a cute way to propose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It all sounds so perfect :D

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, how amazing and romantic! congratulations <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god how cute!!! Massive congratulations :)! Your ring is so beautiful too :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! You guys are very sweet together :) your ring is gorgeous! xo

    iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beyond happy for you - congratulations! Can't wait to see the wedding day make up ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh congrats! Your ring is lovely :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet! So happy for you both, congratulations ♥

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet and the ring is gorgeous! He has good taste! Congratulations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS MADE ME WELL UP!!!! so cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Sounds like you had a lovely time :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! congratulations! this is absolutely lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so lovely! Congratulations, your ring is absolutely gorgeous and you look so cute together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW omg congratulations! That is such an adorable place to propose when you said i love you there for the first time!
    http://accioabigail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhhh congrats, you are just adorable together! I'm so happy for you :)

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Click here


    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, congratulations! It sounds like it was absolutely amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! :)
    Such a lovely way to propose and I love the colour of the ring!
    Definitely welled up a little as I read this post :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there! I'd like to invite you to my blog connected with fight against eating disorders, cause i think we shouldn't be silent about that. Of course you can find here also mode, make-up, opinions, advices, photos, daily stories, healthy recipes etc. You can trust me you will find something you will like.If you'll like it really much, you can become my new follower. Hope to visit me soon. Have a very nice time. Andie :)*
    www.andie-chambers.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete